Toyota Tundra Brakes

Is anyone else having trouble with pulsation of tundra brakes. The dealer is giving us a bunch of crap about getting them fixed. I think it is a design flaw. I have read about some other problems from other people, but would like to hear what others have to say.

Reply to
Ron Suszko

My 2000 had the "fix" applied at my dealer. 2003 brakes were re-fitted to my truck over 8K miles ago. I've had no more troubles whatsoever. I'm sure your 2003 will give you many trouble-free miles.

--------------------------------------------------- "America has authentic values, and even politicians should be held accountable for knowing what these values are." - Paul M. Rodriguez {}

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Well thank you for this. I have been feeling comfortable with my decision but your comment leaves me feeling better.

Ciao, David Todtman

Reply to
David Todtman

"Ron Suszko" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

The dealer informed me that there was a "silent recall" for this problems and they would fix it if the truck is still under warranty. They replace front and rear brakes...rotors,drums and all.

Reply to
Mike Scianni

I was looking at this site just to check the latest rollover tests and came across the technical service bulletin search. There are several hits regarding brakes. My personal experience has been great but I didn't get antilock brakes on my 2001 Tundra.

R3

Depending on the model year of your Tundra there may be TSB's applicable. Since the introduction of the Tundra there have been changes in the "star" adjuster, front calipers are rear drums. There are TSB's for rear brakes for 2000 -2002 models and for the front brakes on 2000 - early 2003 models.

BR004-02 September 16, 2002 FRONT BRAKE VIBRATION BR003-02 September 16, 2002 REAR BRAKE VIBRATION

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

Try lubing the driveshaft spline

applicable.