What do you change also when you change the timing belt?

My 1994 4Runner V6 engine has 140000 miles and I am about to have the timing belt changed again. Since I am going to have someone else change the timing belt, I might have them change other components as well. Usually what else do you change when you change the timing belt?

I am going to change the following components for the 1994 4Runner V6 engine:

Timing Belt Upper Timing Belt Idler Bearing Lower Timing Belt Idler Bearing Timing Belt Tensioner Water Pump AC Belt Power Steering Belt Alternator Belt Oil Pump PCV Valve

Do you think this is too much or not enough? I know the coolant will be replaced. Will the engine oil be replaced also?

Thanks,

Eddy

Reply to
Eddy

After doing some more research, I found that the camshaft seal, intermediate shaft seal, and crankshaft seal should all be changed also?

Reply to
Eddy

I have an additional question re: this. On my 3.4 v6 tacoma with 130k miles, when should I change the timing belt again if I did it the first time at about 85k?

Thanks.

-Erik

Reply to
ToyTaco

For my 4Runner, I usually change the timing belt between every 70k -

75k, I think the belt can probably last close to 90k under the "mostly highway" driving condition that I drive. However, I am reluctant to gamble on the timing belt, so I change it at every 75k max. I am not sure what the Tacoma manual says, but if I were you, I would change it at 160k which is 75k after your first change.

Reply to
Eddy

I just had my timing chain replaced on my '90 4runner w/22RE engine. 138K miles and I heard some knocking. Two chain guides were bad but the chain was fine. Replaced the chain, gears (they were o.k.), guides and water pump because it was beginning to weep.

Reply to
grinder