Why I will never buy a Toyota again..

Hi all I have a 1990 4-runner 4wd with 235,000 miles. I have had this thing for 2 years and in that two years TWO separate dealerships one in Michigan (Spartan Toyota) and one in Tennessee (Capital Toyota) have both wreck my truck. They both had to pay for the repairs. Just recently the one in Tennessee some how ripped the driver side door off. When I got my truck back the mirrors where not connected backup and the window switches were also not connected. THis is CRAZY also the body shop manage told me they ahve to repair on average 2 to 3 cars a week that they wreck. So, my 1990 4-runner will be the last toyota I ever buy.... Just my 2 cents..........

Chris

Reply to
Christopher

hudsonasmith_remove

I do believe that's the best answer to a troll I've seen in quite some time.

--------------------------------------------- "The kind of politician who insists he is in ?public service? and not in ?politics? is the kind of politician who?ll ultimately think that his constituents owe him." - P. Noonan

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Poor fella, my '88 pickup, bought new, has the original bulbs in the front (except for headlamps) and rear. Oh, wait, I did have to replace the right rear stoplight bulb when it was around ten years old. Cheap junk... :>))

Tom...

Reply to
TOM

lol, what a idiot.

Reply to
John

Reply to
James Andrus

Hey, I live in Michigan too, and I am pissed at toyota too. My 87

4-runner started getting some surface rust and I had to paint it this year...what a piece of junk.

My 93 4runnner needed a ball joint this year at 220k miles. What a piece of junk.

But what really pissed me off was having to change the license plate bulb on my '78 Toyota Mini-Mirage RV this summer. This *really* is a piece of junk, but runs like new, and everything works on it. I'm not sure which one turns more heads, the '87 4-runner with the top off (I paid $100 for it) or the camper.

Toyota really pissed me off this morning. As I was pulling out of the garage, the rollbar on my 87 bumped the top that was hanging over it. It came crashing down on my rear 1/4 panel and tailgate. Toyota made me take the day off work to fix it and I just got done spraying the 3rd coat of clear and pulling masking tape 1/2 hour ago. BTW, anyone have plans or a good pic of a top hoist setup?

Reply to
chuck

You made my day, thanks... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

+++++++

James Andrus wrote:

Reply to
TOM

Don't worry, maybe your house will get hit by lightning and then you can live the rest of your life in cardboard boxes since it's the houses fault.. or do you already?

Reply to
DragonRider

Don't you just love these people who blame the manufacturer or product because some independent idiot did something? Wonder IF he even checked the reputation of the dealership.

Then they sound like a drive shaft with a bad bearing!

Ah well, his loss ...

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:14:58 GMT, hudsonasmith snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com found these unused words floating about:

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

That sucks, Chris. You don't want a Dodge either because the Dodge dealer wrecked my Dakota a few years ago. They fixed it, but now, with only 218,000 miles on it, the paint's not right.

Reply to
Frank

But that doesn't diminish the reliability of a toyota. Go somewhere else to fix your toyota. You buy a dodge, ford, etc you will never even see 235 miles.

Reply to
AL

This really seems like it should be directed against the specific dealer, not the brand. Sure this is a bad reflection on the brand, but Toyota contimually is ranked highly with regard to quality.

Brian

Reply to
Sonic

Hey now, we can't go pick on Ford. My 93 tempo was sold with 174k miles on her, and she still purred like a kitten and started every bitter ass cold winter day. Althought I love my Toyota truck too, but its only got 140k on it.

Rob '86 Toyota PU 140k '03 Kia Rio 25k

Reply to
Sijuki

What does the dealer wrecking your car have to do with Toyota? Ah yeah, what the heck, run out and buy something else. Can I suggest a Ford or a Chrysler, I hear they are a prettyy sweet rig!

Yeah, heck, I wouldnt take that, you go out and buy a Chrysler, man, that'll show them huh, and teach us a lesson to boot! Man, you really fixed us dude, man you showed them!

Reply to
MDT Tech®

You can't say that with any certainty. My ol' Dakota, at 218,000 miles, still doesn't use enough oil between 3000 mile changes to add any. I had every expectation of making 250,000 miles on it until I test drove a new Tundra. (Lesson 1: never test drive a Tundra you don't plan to buy . . . LOL)

I also know a man with near 300,000 miles on a Dakota work truck and another man with over 300,000 on a Ford van.

I don't argue the quality of a Toyota, but it's not the only vehicle capable of high mileage with proper maintenance.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks a lot, Tom. I haven't had to replace any of the lights on my 85 Toyota Van. Now that you've jinxed it I guess I can expect to start replacing them. :o)

Skip

Reply to
Skip

What on earth are you doing taking a 13 year old vehicle to the dealer?

Reply to
Red Wolf

I would guess that you can make that decision for yourself Tom. I had a 93 Celica that I bought used, drove it from one coast to the other a couple of times and had 170,000 miles on it when I traded in on a '03 Tundra. Before that, I had an 84 Celica with over 200,000 miles on it when it was stolen in

1994.

But thats just my story.

Take a look around town the next time you go for a "Sunday Drive" and count the Toyotas. I think you'll be surprised at the number of decade plus or older T-100s, 4Runners, Celicas and other boxy style Toyotas that have out aged a LOT of competitors. Sure, you still see old Ford, Chevy and Dodge trucks out there, but how many of their old cars do you see still on the road and how many of those trucks look like they are used and aboused and how many look like they get a daily wipe down with a diaper?

-Raksashan

Reply to
Raksashan

Actually, you're preaching to the choir, I bought my '88 pickup (22R) new on leap day (Feb. 29) 1988. It has about 170,000 miles on it now, rusty bed (poor design), and a bit of hail damage (thanks to Denver storm). Other than that, it's been extremely reliable. It uses a little oil, about half a quart between 3,000 mile oil changes, has had a new timing chain, and still on the original clucth. It's been great.

It's been one of those things I don't have to think about, like my washer and dryer, or the refrigerator... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

Raksashan wrote:

Reply to
TOM