Re: How do I buy a Toyota?

> I want a basic 2009 Hybrid Highlander, but the two dealers in my area

> > only have the more expensive configurations according to their > > websites. Can I order a Hybrid Highlander to my specifications, or do > > I just wait until I see one for sale? > Thanks everybody. If my SO let's me go into a dealership, I'll let > your know what happens.

I stopped into a local Toyota dealership today. (It gave me chance to drive on some snow covered streets and try a couple of highway entrance ramps).

The salesman initially told me that he hadn't ever seen a base model hybrid Highlander (no third row seating) and Toyota probably didn't make one.

Later after checking with his supervisor, he said that his supervisor found 6 new base model hybrid Highlanders in the US, but none were close.

But they did give me the option of ordering one with an anticipated wait of 3 to 4 months. I'll probably try to juggle my investments and taxes over the next 2 months and order one if my cash flow is adequate.

I didn't get a firm price quote, but something like $35,700 was mentioned.

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Peterson