25hp distributor in a 53hp engine Possible???

Trying to tune up a 1968 buggy I bought, the engine code is a H5 (Haynes says 1500 53hp) this thing will idle with choke closed and stall after it gets warm so I'm going to do a complete tune up and then follow bugbits carb adjustment procedure. looking at the points they are 2 pieces on the CIP website they are exactly like the 25hp ones from 46-53 beetle. Is it possible that someone put that distributor in this engine and would it affect performance?

Dave

Reply to
Mycoran1

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:03:12 -0400, "Mycoran1" scribbled this interesting note:

What's the number on the distributor?

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Where would the numbers be on the distributor? Dave

Reply to
Mycoran1

Reply to
Ben Boyle

saw a trike with a 25hp dizzy in a 1500 :) they used it for the flat top cap to clearence the body hehehe

Reply to
Jim Buys