Accusump users?

Anyone use this product on their VWs? Wanted to increase the oil capacity on my Baja with a bolt on oil sump plate but thought it might not be a good idea while off roading because of ground clearance and possible damage. Added bonus of the accumulator is the ability of preoiling the engine prior to start up. Any plus/minus info you guys have will help me decide if this is the way to go to help protect the engine I'm going to build for this sometime this next year. Thanks...

Mac

Reply to
Mac

"Mac .net>" Anyone use this product on their VWs? Wanted to increase the oil capacity

Also, Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Reply to
Mac

"Mac .net>" Anyone use this product on their VWs?

I would like to know, too. Pre-oiling strikes me as a critical requisite. Perhaps Bob Hoover can help us.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Already did :-)

Using Googles 'Advanced Search' option, search Groups using veeduber as the seed in Author and pre-luber in All The Words. That should pop up a messaged posted on 14 Jul 2002 describing how to make your own pre-luber for a small engine, such as the VW.

But if you're installing a pre-luber because you want to increase your oil capacity, forget it; the pre-luber causes NO CHANGE in that regard. (But adding a full-flow oil filter will.)

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
veeduber

Thanks Bob, I was looking at full flowing my new engine too for the obvious benefits. I was concerned about the more than likely event of having the vehicle at a fairly tilted or leaning state, from being off road, which may cause the pick-up to suck air for a moment. I work on aircraft and they have accumulators in the hydraulic systems which make up for momentary lacks of pressure and subdue pressure spikes when needed. I found some stuff for pre-lubers thru the google search but it will take me a while to sift thru it all.

Thanks!! Merry Cristmas!

Mac

Reply to
Mac