Diamond Plate sheet metal, Where to buy?

Ramva,

I have been looking for aluminum diamond plate online with no luck. I have an idea to use diamond plate to make a firewall for my 60 project. I don't like the common stainless steel ones (with or without louvers) that most VW online suppliers sell. They are too common.

The diamond plate would have to be thin, so it can be flexed during installation. I would also like to find diamond plate that is highly polished to a mirror finish and has the peel off protective film, which I would remove after its installed.

I'm not totally set on this idea, I am interested in any kind of sheet metal with a custom stamping/ rolling which would make my engine bay unique.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

Reply to
<1l75

I see this guy selling it on buggy trader, in the past he has had smaller pieces, different thicknesses. you can try emailing him

Posted By: mike naz

fit your buggy. I'm located in >Columbus Ohio. I don't ship but I can meet up with people at VW shows and when I travel.

Dave

Reply to
David

Where are you located ?? I am in the machine shop buisness and buy this all the time. Try your yellow pages under Metal or Aluminum, many of these distributors have a Cash and Carry desk to unload various drops of different material that they accumulate. I know this is popular here in Baltimore due to the Metals buisness being Lean. At one time these warehouses would only deal with buisness's and now will take whatever they can get. The Alloy that you want is 3003 which is a bright and shiny finish as opposed to 6061 which is dull in comparison.

Thanks, Butch

Reply to
Anton382

Thanks Butch!

Im in Dixon, CA, near Sacramento

Reply to
<1l75

Try looking up some of your local fabrication or sheet metal shops also ... the last sheet of 16 gauge 4' X 8' diamond plate I bought was a shade over

60$ ....

sidewinder

Reply to
sidewinder