Electric problem SOLVED

Hey everyone, I am sorry I have been out of touch I just switched computers types and it took me awile to get set back up with newsgroups.

I want to thank everyone who had sugestions about my two electric problems, my blowing fuses and my toasted alternator. It turns out the two were un-related.

Blowing fuses: My Hazard switch was a bit loose and after going over one to many bumps with my crappy shocks (now replaced for the first time since

1974) the switch itself had come to rest touching the ashtray. Add some insultating electrical tape and secure the switch better and all is well.

Toasted alternator: Eliminated the significant resistance of the original and corroded connector from the battery to the two ends of the alternator wire (one to alternator, the other to the front of the car). Now that the corroded connector is gone I have had no problems.

Two simple problems which stumped me for far longer than they probably should have. Oh well, live and learn.

happy driving,

Winter

Reply to
Winter