flaps, stuff

A bit of a discovery - a fellow in town has a whole mess of ACVW engines in storage, none of them running, and he's lost interest in why he got them (a project never started.) They have been stored indoors for a long time. Very little rust. (Lots of oily parts.)

Anyway, he's going to invite me to part them out, so I'm targeting doghouse shrouds, flaps, the always-missing undertin, good distributors... and what else should I be looking for? The whole intention is to find the good stuff, and throw out the rest.

Reply to
john

The little "Hoover" bit on the oil-cooler, the small tin that goes between the cylinders from the underside. Flywheels not blue/scorched, oil filler caps. Intake manifolds and carbs. The small tinware which goes around the preheater tubes entering the rear tin. Heater boxes(Hard to find original ones still in one piece). Exhaust if original Vw or Ernst. Generator/dynamo if in good condition.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Rebuildable fuel pumps, their push-rods & Micarta insulators.

All ...ALL.. hardware, especially internal. Bearing dowel pins, Woodruff keys, cam gear, distributor gear, rocker arms, rockers, hair- pins, flat & warpy washers.

Crankshaft that can be re-ground. Rods that can be re-built.

ALL cylinder heads. (The RF4, which first flew in 1960 behind a

1200cc engine, is STILL flying today. Steady demand for pre-1300 parts.)

-R.S.Hoover

Reply to
Veeduber