How much epoxy primer for body shell

I will be spraying epoxy primer on my 71 body this weekend, but have no clue how much paint I need. Since this stuff is expensive, I don't want to mix more than required to do the job. Anyone have a ballpark figure on how much paint to mix for just the exterior body shell, minus fenders, hood, decklid, and doors? The paint mixes 1:1, and I'll be using a cheap HVLP gun (similar to Harbor Freights cheapies).

Thanks in advance, MK

Reply to
MK

Last summer I painted my bug, outside only, the whole thing with two coats and used about 2 quarts when cut 50/50 with reducer.

Sneaks '68 T1

Reply to
Swenson

I would think a mixed quart of epoxy primer would work well for the area you need to cover.

you want to put just a covering coat. Its hard to determine how much paint is needed because different brand paints and colors cover differently.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys