Machinist question

Whenever I draw file I make sure I #1 have a very good file. #2 I take some regular chalk, like used in schools, and scrape onto the file, filling every little groove. #3 use a file card every few strokes to clean the file. Repeat # 2 and #3 as often as necessary. The chalk acts like what you are trying to do with WD-40 and kerosene. I just prefer to work in a dry environment. Besides chalk was used long before WD-40 and possibly before kerosene! :-)

Reply to
kywoodwrkr

I've heard about that chalk method before. My heads seem to be made from very soft alloy, so I'll do a comparison of draw filing vs using an aluminum file.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Mine too..............LOL

I have heard of the Chalk thang too. Haven't tried it, as I won't try the Draw Filing unless I have a good file to begine with. That *is* good advice also.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Reply to
ilambert