More tail light yakkety yak

An earlier thread about Beetle stoplights reminded me of a real fear I have about driving my 40-horse '62 Type 1 in the insane modern world: the collision from behind. Been there; not pleasant.

I know that it will be necessary to simply leave a little earlier, maybe find alternate routes, drive realllly smart, and carry a '45 Colt to cap the sonafabitch that rear-ends me. (Okay, I was [sorta] kidding about the pistol.)

But, seriously, what can a guy do to enhance the visibility of a Beetle's rear-? I have sometimes dreamed of having stop lights that oscillate quickly, or even a bright third light under the louvers over the deck lid.

Of course, until I convert to 12v I may be better off simply placing candles on the back bumpers. Any words of wisdom-?

Thanx

Buzzy and Otto the Bug

Reply to
BuZzY

Braukuche

If your that concered (trust me I'm with you) how about a removable strobing light in the back window or cliped to the rear bumper.

I'm sure you can get one that comes with a road hazerd kit that is 6 volt battary power. come up with a way to attach to your bumper or rear window and wire so you can remove it at anytime , people will see you.

Reply to
Kafertoys

BuZzY wrote in news:bva5ph$ snipped-for-privacy@library2.airnews.net:

I installed a rear windshield brake light for my Dad in his '78 Impala. Your FLAPS might still carry those kits.

Reply to
cloud8

Reply to
Ilambert