OT Houston We Have A Go!!

The shuttle is back in orbit!! Not that is pertains to VW's directly, but if the Shuttle program gets scrapped, my funds for VW's will be non existant. LOL

I am a contractor at Marshall Space Flight Center, and we are all very glad to see the Bird back in space again in more than one way!

Now let's just hope it returns just a well as it went up.

Reply to
TerryB

Everyone here (an R&D dept) was rooting for success and most were trying to keep up with the progress this morning. Quite an engineering feat, getting that bird up there!

Congratulations!

Remco

Reply to
Remco

..............And lets hope that a girl can manage the piloting during the docking with the space station.

jeez....I can't believe that I actually said that. Maybe Kidd is offline or something.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

My bet is she's charging the batteries on her flaming phasar first - with near dead batteries she'll only be able to maim you :)

Let me stand back at a safe distance now..

Reply to
Remco

Nah. No flames from me this time. You know by now what I think. If she's been trained as well as the guys, she's perfectly capable and all that blah blah blah regardless of gender, and women can do anything a man can do. Unless she's putting on her mascara in the mirror while she's trying to dock............. Then we'll be back to "Houston, we have a problem!"

Now, I can't believe I just said that. I must be losing my touch in all this getting old stuff.

;) Kidd

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Or better. I hope this turns out to be nothing to worry about:

But video of what appeared to be some kind of debris falling off Discovery during launch prompted questions that NASA officials said they couldn't immediately answer.

The NASA video showed the unidentified debris falling and not appearing to hit Discovery. Falling debris that struck the craft during liftoff was blamed for the eventual destruction of Columbia as it re-entered the atmosphere in February 2003.

Reply to
Shag