OT: Need NYC tour guide

Tim? Where do you live? Somewhere in the state but not the city? I might be in NYC in Feb. I've never been there and am thinking of driving up that way so I can say I've been there. I'll bring along a CD with Hank Jr's "Dixie On My Mind" with me when I go, but I figure it's time to make the trip just so I can say I've been there. Do they sell bourbon whiskey in NYC? Just trying to be prepared. :-)

Reply to
Shag

..............I'm about a 3 hours drive from the George Washington Bridge and then either the Cross Bronx Expressway over to the East Side or down the West Side on The Henry Hudson Parkway to mid-town. What dates are you thinking of in Feb.? I haven't been down to NYC in awhile now and I might be up for a couple of nights down there. Depending on how long you've got there, I'd suggest to a first timer: The Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and maybe St. Patrick's Cathedral. There are a ton of other options of course and plenty of neat places to quench ones thirst.....:-)

........Maybe there are some other RAMVA losers who'd like to join us ? Bill Merrill in Boston would be a great decoy with his Red Sox cap to draw the muggers away from us..............lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I think I may be going earlier now. I have a followup dr appt next monday the 17th and if things go the way I think they will then I may be leaving 1/19 to head up that way and would be staying 3 nights before heading back to civilization on Saturday morning. Dates are still sort of up-in-the air.

Reply to
Shag

"Tim Rogers" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

I find that my Yankee Hater cap works even better.

Never been to the Big Apple, Shag? May I suggest:

  1. Statue of Liberty
  2. Ground Zero
  3. Times Square
  4. Empire State Building
  5. Any month but February

There's plenty of Bourbon there, but a fin won't get you much of it.

Reply to
cloud8

Shaggie if you knew for sure what your dates were I could talk to some of my friends that live in NYC were they can show you real civilization. I lived in the city for a short time and can tell you it will be a different world for you if you have never been there.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

I live about 20 miles from the big apple.had to drive my wife in last week for a doctor's appt. Let me know if you need someone to help you out, I'll be glad to show you around- Fred67bug

Reply to
Vw67lives

No, never been there before. It's looking more and more like I'll be leaving here next Wednesday morning and stopping an hour or so away from NYC to stay in a sleazy hotel and then getting up the next morning and spending Thursday and Friday in NYC and staying at Milford Plaza those nights and then leaving to drive back home sometime Saturday. I definitely wanna check out the places you list. Would like to have a glance at Central Park and Chinatown. Hey, I might even try to see a place or two that Tim suggested if I have enough time. :-)

Reply to
Shag