POR 15 And Gas Additive Compatability Question

Hi! What fuel additives is the POR 15 U.S. Standard Fuel Tank Sealer compatable with? Can I use Marvel Mystery Oil, or B-12 Chemtool, or B &G gas treatment in a gas tank that has been treated with POR 15 Fuel Tank Sealer? Will any of these products cause a chain reaction with the POR 15 fuel tank liner that will eat up my rubber fuel hoses? Thanks! Joe P. 73vwbttl

Reply to
Josef

I asked a similar question about fuel tank sealers when I began the restoration of my 1926 Franklin 11A. I wanted to treat the inside of the fuel tank and the Stewart vacuum fuel pump.

The technical resource at the Franklin Car Club said that he did not use tank sealers anymore or recommend the use of any. He indicated that you never know what formulation changes will occur to fuel in the future, therefore, you never know what the life span of a fuel tank sealer will be.

Then he proceeded to tell me horror stories about fuel system sealers which failed and had otherwise been "eaten" by automotive fuel in the past.

Following that advice, I bead blasted the inside of the Stewart vacuum fuel pump and cleaned the inside of the fuel tank by putting in about three gallons of water about ten pounds of pea gravel and then agitated the tank for a while. Once the tank was emptied, hosed out and dried, I just added Marvel Mystery Oil to the fuel and put a good quality fuel filter in line. The MM Oil helps to prevent corrosion in the system and the old engines really need help with upper end lubrication.

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

The guys at Por-15 say that it is impervious to fuel and additives. But you should email them with a list of the products you are going to use there and ask them.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña