Re: to lower the compression ratio...

I got these .020 " rings to slip under the cylinders but do I use two

> paper gaskets or if one which side would you put it under? > -- > Enjoy this moment ! =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Thanks. g.

I read somewhere that you do not use the paper gaskets. Instead use the hi temp bronze orange Permatex RTV sealant on each side of the spacer rings. I read this in one of the Gene Berg manuals.

Do not use paper gaskets for sealing under the barrels with or without shims/spacers. Seal only with high temperature RTV silicone sealer, such as GB 9000B. Install a small bead of GB 9000B against the cylinder diameter and the cylinder flat surface (spacer or shim if any) so it seals the cylinder to the spacer or shim (if any) to the case all together. Be clear that this must only be done at final assembly just before the heads are to be torqued.

Reply to
Jim Ed

This link might be helpful:

Jim Ed