Staying on Subject..

Wow, I have been lurking on this list for a while... and you two guys just keep going at it.. What ever happened to the VW spirit?? Just enjoy working on and driving them.. help others keep theirs on the road.. Its not like you have to boast about your work to everyone.. Sure, a lot of those bugs on your webshots look great. Mine looked just as bad as that one with cover rust all over them. Thats how a lot of people look when they get them, and yeah they can all look great with some time and effort, but isnt this list here to say.. hey check out my ride... or hey i need some help with a particular issue?? sorry to rant.. but man, i really get sick of reading all that back and forth banter over nothing really.. just Bull..

Anyways, I do have a question.. My right rear tire on my 71 super is cambered in at the top more than it should be. If i put my fingers between the tire and the fender on the left side its 3 fingers high. I go to the right and its about 2 fingers high. Anyone have good instructions on how to adjust the torsion bars?? Would that be why its cambered in too much? or do you think my trailing arm is bent? Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks, Jason 71 Super Ogden, UT

Reply to
applefr3ak

Unfortunately, it isn't bull. That's just what Mario's propaganda is attempting to put in your head.

Read on:

David Gravereaux

I agree, sometimes I think there is way too much OT stuff going on in here but then again, it's a free country right? It wouldn't bother me in the least if there was never another political discussion (argument) amongst the group however as long as mario gravazzi is sliming about leaving his trail of bullshit and bondo those that know are obligated to make sure that those that don't know, do.

As far as your rear wheel problem, on an IRS chassis, adjusting the tortion bar will only change the ride height not the camber. On a swing arm, lowering ride height will make the wheels tilt in.

Reply to
Tracy

uninformed folks become victims... you've obviously not been lurking long enough... do some research on Mario... then rant away...

your rear camber changes very little with the ride height.... if you are only a finger widths difference in ride height the camber should not be radically different.. if it is, there is a good chance your diagonal are could be bent... mine is... if the ride height is different side to side on the rear, check the opposite front corner.. lots of times rear height issues are actually symptoms of front end problems.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Anyone have good

Here is a link that will definately help:

Jim347a