Super front apron install ?'s

Has anyone done this? I have a smooth front apron for my '72 Super, and plan on sanding the old apron, chiseling the welds, and then pop-riveting the new apron on (or taking it to a welder). I'm concerned about getting the hood to close correctly, and not LOCK. I know enough to mark all hardware locations and contact points, and to make spot welds or trial riveting, and then opening/closing to assure alignment....also to primer/paint the new one beforehand... I admit I haven't even held it up to the car yet (RAIN RAIN), but what's a fair price for a GA welder to do this, and what to be forewarned about? thanks, Paul :+)

Reply to
pmbedard