Thermodynamics, Coatings

Referring to Bob Hoover's long article here to keep it short.

Bob, do you have any tech references that show exactly how these thermal dispersion coatings work for _exterior_ surfaces? I know how the internal head and piston crown barriers work, but exterior surface coatings are, IMHO, successful largely because they entail a thorough cleaning of the surface; then the thin coating helps keep the surface clean because it more easily sheds sticky grime. For that application, I'll just stick to my habit of keeping the engine clean.

Reply to
jjs