Would this be interesting?

Alternator removed from engine, installed on bracket on the side, fan assy installed on 12V motor with 2 temp sensors on heads (similar setup as with cpu cooler). So no more cooling troubles. Would that work?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Don't know enough about bugs so I am probably totally full of crap, but wouldn't cooling by means of an omotor/alternator be a lot less efficient than the current design? After all, there is loss through both yet still needs to basically do the same thing. Your alternator would need to be pretty beefy as well so wouldn't this also cause a significant power loss to the engine?

I think the current design is pretty elegant for what it needs to do -- probably pretty hard to beat in efficiency and relative performance.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Default answer == NO - due to inadequate explanation.

Are you dreaming that an electric fan could replace the belted system? Nope. No can do, and for so many reasons I won't list them.

Reply to
jjs

It takes more horsepower to generate the electricity to run the electric fans than you would save with the standard system.

Reply to
jjs

I like the idea. Give it a try and let me know how it works out. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik