I'm considering purchase of an 1994 850 sedan. It has a 10 valve engine. Is it considered as reliable as the 20 valve version? Does the 10 valve engine use regular rather than premium gas? Does it get better mileage than the 20 valve engine?

Any info appreciated Bert

Reply to
Bert

It's just as reliable, mileage should be similar, possibly a hair less depending on how you drive it, it's certainly less powerful than the 20v, but I haven't heard any specific problems. Regular gas will work on either engine, though the mileage will be somewhat better with mid grade which may offset the extra cost, premium is a waste on either.

Reply to
James Sweet