1979 volvo 244 auto transmission needed

does anyone know where a good place to start looking for a transmission for a 1979 volvo 244? I have a 244 with a GOOD engine and body,would be worth fixing . would i be better off to fix mine or buy another ? what would i be looking to spend on this (ball park)

Reply to
David

Where are you? Pull A Part in Lynnwood, WA had a number of them last time I was there, $55 for a transmission, pull it yourself. If the car is in decent shape then of course it's worth fixing. A transmission up to '85 model year will work for you, newer ones lack the speedo drive.

Reply to
James Sweet

Just change the tailshaft housing

Reply to