1988 Volvo Console

Okay, I think I already posted this, but I wasn't sure if it went though.

Basically my friend has a 1988 volvo 740 or some thing like that. I don't know anything about volvos. I really want to be able to take the console off so i can install her stereo, but i dont want to break it. is anyone able to give me a subscription or diagram of how to do this so i don't screw up her console?

thanks caleb

Reply to
Caleb

Which console? You shouldn't have to take any console apart to install a stereo, though you will have to remove the little pocket under it with the lighter and stuff in it. To do this (at least on '87's) you pop a little trim piece off around the lighter and remove the screw, then the whole little pocket comes out. I suggest buying a mounting kit from Crutchfield or another stereo place, it'll have the needed trim piece and wiring adapter.

You'll also find there's usually a separate amplifier for the rear speakers, it's mounted up above the driver's knees behind the cover panel there.

Reply to
James Sweet