2005 Tacoma Overhead Console Removal

Can anybody give me some help on removing the overhead console--one with compass and lights-- in a 2005 Taco Prerunner?

I have found the screw inside the "sunglasses" box and when removed the entire assembly will move around. I can't see how it comes out after that. It looks like it is being held up by the roof-liner.

Does anyone know how to push/pull it around so it will come down? I SURE as heck don't want to rip the liner, or break the console.

I want to hardwire in my radar detector, and hope to find switched 12 volts inside the console.

Thanks in advance.

BB

Reply to
lordbb

Not a SINGLE SOUL knows how to do this? Or is it, you're just not telling?

BB

Reply to
lordbb

For $10, you can find the correct answer via techinfo.toyota.com

Reply to
B a r r y

I've wondered about that service.

Would you know if things like the electrical wiring diagram(s) can be downloaded too?

It would be well worth the money if all that could be had for the price of admission.

BB

Reply to
lordbb

Yes.

It is. The info is PDF versions of the exact same stuff the dealer's techs have. Also included are recall notices, service campaigns, etc...

The day I bought my truck, I downloaded all the PM practices, and the test / repair procedure for the early production windshield leaks, for one $10 admission fee. I saved them to a CD and printed paper versions for my garage service binder. I can grab info for major repairs on an as-needed basis.

For about 5 years, I've been using Subaru's version of the online documentation service, and $10 here or there is much better than spending hundreds on books that mey never get used. Also, the online docs are always the most current version.

My truck didn't leak.

Reply to
B a r r y