1990 740GL: Radio dying?

One day, the FM radio just cut out. The radio still has power, and I can get a few AM stations, but the FM audio is barely there, as if the antenna connection might have come loose. It seems to cut back in now and then as I bump along, again suggesting to me that an antenna connection is loose.

I checked the antenna connection in the trunk, and it is fine. Are there other obvious places to check before I yank to center console to get behind the radio?

Do these radios just die eventually? It is the original radio, which makes it close to 20 years old. This problem is really annoying because I listen to my iPod through the radio using an FM transmitter, and now I can't do that anymore. And the AM stations I still get have people saying some crazy stuff, so I really need to get my FM back.

Any feedback or experiences appreciated...

Jay R.

Reply to
auto467016

Oh, the radio is a TD-6141 if that helps.

Reply to
auto467016