2000 Impala Radio Antenna

Hello,

While driving my 2000 Impala one day, the radio went from perfect to pretty much useless. Where I could get tons of stations very clearly before, I can now (by manual adjustment only) get one or two, poor signal strength stations (and which stations those are change daily). Since it suddenly stopped working while I was driving, I'm guessing it's an antenna problem. I know the antenna's in the rear window and looks perfect (no visible scratches, etc) so I wanted to see if someone could point me to places to check for a disconnected or loose connection or something else that may have caused this.

Thanks so much for any help in advance.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

I've knocked the connectors loose on ours a couple times. They kind of just clip onto the window.

Reply to
Me

Hi Me,

Specifically where on the window do I look?

Thanks!

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

If the vehicle is under warranty, take it into the dealer and they can fix it for no charge. They can also show you where the problem was so you can keep an eye out for it if happens again.

Reply to
Car Guy

My best guess would be the antenna but, it could be the three other things. The four pieces to your reception are the ant(in window), the coax wire in the car, the ant amplifier, or the Tuner inside the radio.

I suggest removing the radio and plugging in a regular standard ant, if the radio get reception, then the tuner is OK.

My next guess is that its the Antenna amplifier.

Good luck.

Reply to
Masterson