1990 Volvo 240 hitch receiver

I have a 1990 Volvo 240, which came with a hitch receiver installed. It looks to be a 2" receiver, but it will just barely not take a 2" drawbar. I heard that Volvos (and possibly a couple of other manufacturers) tried to switch to a new standard at some point, but it never took hold, but I am unsure of the source. Has anyone else out there had this problem?

Reply to
Abbey

50mm is the Europe standard. Close to 2 in but not quite.

Dave

Reply to
Dave