1991 240 DL Loose Wire in engine compartment

I have a loose wire - It is mounted/screwed to the firewall on the rear of the engine. By itself. It is a flat wire that is sort of cloth/mesh looking about 10-12" long and goes to nothing. The loose end is fraid and looks like its some kind of ground wire, Anybody have a clue what this is?

Also how do I know if the Fuel Pressure Regulator is bad?

Reply to
Glenn and Janice

It's a ground wire to ensure engine has negative ground.

Reply to
Johan Plane

and it is bolted with a crimped eyelet to one of the camcover bolts

Reply to
M-gineering

Sounds like the engine ground wire. There should be a crimp-on eyelet for the loose end held onto the engine by one of the cam cover bolts.

If you don't have one, get a good book about your volvo which will have diagrams for this stuff, as well as trouble shooting procedures. Even a mediocre one like the Haynes manual would help, but the Bentley manual is better.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

As I've posted before, the BEST wiring schematic I have come across is in the Mitchell Repair Manuals in the public library.

Reply to
zencraps

The FPR is bad when fuel runs out of the vacuum hose going to the intake manifold. At that point the diapragm inside the capsule is ruptured and raw fuel is gushing into the intake manifold in a large enough quantity to flood and hydrolock the motor.

Bob

Reply to
User

Its a ground wire on my 740 which has two , it went as well so I just replaced it after all we dont want power using our cables to earth do we?

Reply to
John Robertson