1999 V70 ETS Light

I live one hour north of Toronto, Ontario in Canada. My wife and I have a

99 V70. The ETS (Electronic Throttle Control System) light comes on after the car has been running for about 15 minutes. Our mechanic cleaned the throttle cable; however, the problem continues. I have been advised to get a new electronic brain for the car. If I don't, the car will start to run rough and may fail to start according to the mechanic. Any suggestions?
Reply to
Don Johnston

This is apparently a known Volvo failure in the early years of the ETS. Check out forums on the site below...

"Don Johnston" wrote in message news:9z%ff.150$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...>I live one hour north of Toronto, Ontario in Canada. My wife and I have a >99 V70. The ETS (Electronic Throttle Control System) light comes on after >the car has been running for about 15 minutes. Our mechanic cleaned the >throttle cable; however, the problem continues. I have been advised to get >a new electronic brain for the car. If I don't, the car will start to run >rough and may fail to start according to the mechanic. Any suggestions? >

Reply to
Robert Rentler

"Don Johnston" wrote

Not to second guess your mechanic or anything, but I wouldn't have a lot of faith in a guy who cleans the throttle cable on a car that doesn't have a throttle cable.

Reply to
Ernest Scribbler

I have a feeling something was lost in the translation, and it was the throttle body cleaned, not the throttle cable. I believe that there is about to be announced a warranty extension on these modules for all

99-01. Google "volvo etm" Also visit:
Mike F