replacing throttle body/ETS in V70

I got my V70 showing the ETS symptoms: ETS and check engine lights on with engine going into a hiccup. I took the TB out and cleaned it with the the Volvo cleaning solution. There was some carbon deposits around the throttle plate and on the walls but not much. The cleaning helped for 2 hours and the hiccup is back again. It looks like I need to replace the unit. If I buy a new one I think I need to reprogram it and I have no information on how to do it. Anybody has any info on that? Alternative is to sent my own for a repair. I found this shop on Ebay :

fixes it for $250. This should not require reprogramming. Any opinions on using new or remanufactured?

Reply to
Peter Ziobrzynski

Peter Ziobrzynski wrote in news:LF3Nf.81$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

VCNA has extended the warranty for the Magneti Marelli ETM to 10 years/200,000 miles. Contact your dealer.

Also, see:

for more information.

Good luck, Richard

Reply to
RWD

I will be damned! I got the same info from other sources and confirmed it with the local Denver dealer and have appointment for tomorrow to fix it. Thanks Richard for a good link. Pity that I did not get that info before I took on the weekend long project of following the Volvo bulletin on cleaning the ETM. Taking the intake manifold out, cleaning the ETM with the expensive ~$40 volvo cleaner, breaking things in the process like flame-trap hose that was completely hardened by the temperature in the cam cover area ($50), etc. etc. Anyway it was a very interesting education. We will see tomorrow how much of this $1200 warranty covered ETM repair is really covered :-)

cheers

Reply to
Peter Ziobrzynski