2000 v70 turbo wagon- problem with low gas light

Well, you've quoted from *this* thread - which I've already admitted is an exception to the norm.

If you want a better example, try this > Getting this message from Wheelworks technician, claims "manufacturer

There is no such requirement that I am aware of! When replacing the pads, the discs (rotors) need to be checked to make sure that they are within spec with regard to:

  • minimum remaining thickness
  • runout
  • absence of serious scoring

Provided they are ok, there's no reason to replace them.

My 1999 V70 (UK) still has the original discs but is on its second set of pads.

- Cheers, Roger ________________________________________

Reply to
Roger Mills

I'm proud of you lad - I knew you could do it. Next challenge is to post positive constructive comments consistently.

Reply to
Roadie

As my wife would tell you, I don't "suffer fools gladly". A sensible, well constructed question will always get a constructive answer - a silly one won't!

Reply to
Roger Mills

The IDIOT light is not working, and if you are not an IDIOT you don't need one. The original poster doesn't want to make a trip in to get it fixed, so why should we sweat it. It is only an IDIOT light. Lighten up.

The light is OK so the problem is the sender, the receiver or the connections. Since the receiver is the ECU, it may be a computer glitch. It is a snap for any Volvo mechanic.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Interesting response. All this time I thought one of the purposes of this forum was to provide technical guidance to owers of Volvo cars when they don't know the solution to a problem. Stephen Henning, Roger Mills and John Robertson have proven me otherwise. It's principally a mutual appreciation society for a few such as yourself to seek group reaffirmation of their knowlege about Volvo cars. But when someone with less knowlege asks an imperfectly phrased question it also provides an opportunity for the little group to have fun and games by making fun of the way the question was asked.

I'm beginning to think Steve, John and Roger are less mature than their years would indicate. I'm also thinking that they may not know as much about Volvo cars as they have convinced themselves.

Reply to
Roadie

Since when did maturity require you to be dead-pan serious all the time?

Just learn to chill out a bit, and go with the flow!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks to the people who had something constructive to say. I appreciate the advice, and will probably put it on a to do list for the volvo dealer. I know I started off with some wife-abusive humor, but I did pose a legitimate question, and so appreciate the thoughtful and appropriate responses. Thanks again! Robbie

Reply to
robbie

Hi robbie. Glad that you were able to sort out this issue. Hope your wife is happy also. I agree that an idiot light belongs, on a to-do list for the next visit. Gee, what roadie called immature advice was appropriate advice for you.

"I am not one to run to the shop for a trivial problem. I usually just keep track of it and wait until I go in for routine maintenance. I would much prefer to drive my Volvo rather than sit and wait for a mechanic to work on some trivial problem like an idiot light. To each his own."

Next time maybe he will stop talking unless he can follow his own advice and ...

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I can only guess Steven has forgotten about the sage advice he offered on March 9: "The red light is just the 2x4 that hits you over the head so you look at the gas gauge. A car doesn't need the idiot light unless an idiot is driving."

Or this equally friendly little tidbit: "...if you are not an IDIOT you don't need one."

For some reason Steven has flip-flopped completely on an issue he feels quite strongly about. Maybe he is feeling a bit down today and is fishing for warm and fuzzies and just wants to be remembered of as a really nice guy. Or maybe he is having short term memory issues.

Reply to
Roadie

OK, I stand corrected. All cars except Roadie's don't need IDIOT lights.

Reply to
Stephen Henning