2001 S80/T6- Front suspension knock

I have knock, both sides , in the front suspension on S80 /T6. 2001. 98000 mls. Its been there for about 12 months - it drives me mad. Suspension knocks when the smallest hump , or hole is driven over even at a modest speed , it feels and sounds down by my feet.

Items changed so far ---- Both front drop links. Both front lower ball joints. Both front ( Front ) track control arm bushes. Both front ( rear ) track control arm bushes. Anti- roll bar - complete. Top engine stabilizer bush. both steering links - Rack, to track rod end, Finally both front suspension struts complete with spring cup and top mount.

The knock is still there . Volvo main dealer and local garage are mystified if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Nothing about rear sway bar links ?

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Geoff:

S80 T6 with 92K myself. Had the same knock.

During the 90K servicing back in January, the Volvo dealership found that I had a broken motor mount. After they replaced it, the sound went away. I did ask them later if that could have transmitted knocking through the vehicle when traveling over bumps...apparently, yes.

So you might look into that... Greg

Reply to
glull