2001 V70 Transmission Failed

I have a 2001 V70 T5 Auto with an LPG conversion. It's done 80,000 miles. Whilst trying to get home through the floods in Gloucestershire, my transmission failed.

Sometimes the car will travel a short distance, but often there is no power at all. The engine starts and runs normally. My Volvo dealer says that the transmission fluid smells burnt and they are 99% sure that they will need to replace the transmission as a complete unit.

Has anyone else experienced the transmission failing due to water entering the system somewhere? Where could the water get in without affecting the engine?

Is it possible a failure elsewhere has caused the transmission to 'burn out'?

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Carter

You didnt notice he said it broke in the flood and find that strange? If you get water in the oil i dont think thats good.

Greetigs Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard