v70 question (2001)

did volvo market (to the us) any non turbo v70's in 2001? or were they all either the "light turbo" 2.4, or the t5 powerplants..?

thanx....richard / colorado

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Volvo also sold in the US market in 2001 a normally aspirated model. It was the base V70.

Reply to
TEF

yea...i have since learned there were a ttl of 5 motor options...2 turbo, 1 diesel, and

2 normally aspriated or "non turbo"...

thanx...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

As I understood your first email, you were asking about V70 models available "to the us". If that means to the United States, there were only three models of the V70 in 2001 marketed here - the V70 2.4 NA, V70 2.4 Turbo and V70 T5. From what I know, there has not been a diesel Volvo in the US for many years.

Reply to
TEF

Richard,

If you are referring to the responses to your postings on Volvospy.com, I think those guys are speaking to what Volvo marketed in 2001 in the European market. For example, one responder, 2.4TSE, lists his car as a 2.4 Turbo with a 5spd manual. The only V70 manuals available in the US market in are the 2.4 NA and T5 - the low pressure 2.4 was never certified here with a manual transmission.

Reply to
TEF

yea...the info i really wanted to know is were all the v70 turbos or not (US mdls).....and, I learned they are not...... Some v70's are, some are not......thanx everyone....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^