2015 S60 motor oil question

My daughter purchased a 2015 S60 from our local Volvo dealer. She has had the vehicle for 2 months now and I recently checked her oil level and was
surprised and confused by the reish brown staining on the lower tip of the dipstick and around the top of the diptube. I was able to remove the staining but question why it would occur. The dealer service people said not to worry - not a problem. Any thoughts on this question?
Frank