2015 S60 motor oil question

My daughter purchased a 2015 S60 from our local Volvo dealer. She has had the vehicle for 2 months now and I recently checked her oil level and was surprised and confused by the reish brown staining on the lower tip of the dipstick and around the top of the diptube. I was able to remove the staining but question why it would occur. The dealer service people said not to worry - not a problem. Any thoughts on this question?

Frank

Reply to
ECLiPSE 2002

Plastic degradation of the tip? Let's hope traces of the molten plastic got caught in the oil filter.

Reply to
ngu