2015 Outback And Tires On Them ?

Hello,

Expect to purchase a 2015 Outback.

Looked at them at the Dealership, and was very surprised to see Bridgestone (not their top ones) Tires on it.

I thought they (all) came with Yokahama ?

Question: If one goes around the country, is it likely that new Outbacks are coming thru with a multitude of different brand, and quality levels, on them ?

Or, more likely, the Dealer switched them ?

Would appreciate any thoughts and information re tires on new Outback's.

BTW: is it "reasonable" for a purchaser to "insist" on something else ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

You can "insist" on any tire you want if you want to pay for them. Subaru has 2 primary tire suppliers - firestone/bridgestone and Yokohama but they also use Michelin/BFG, Goodyear / Dunlop - possibly a few others.

Reply to
clare

Is that a recent change? My 2013 Outback came with Continentals. (Which I never knew until just now when I looked. I trust Subaru to provide tires appropriate for the vehicle.)

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

Just about every manufacturer supplies tires appropriate for the vehicle. some are better quality than others and some are more suitable for certain types of driving. Some last longe, others give better traction - and that is true of different "models" drom the same manufacturer

Reply to
clare