Oh. So THAT'S what coolant in oil looks like!!!

Yesterday I saw a woman putting coolant in her Volvo. Being the wise-ass I usually am, I said, "Putting in your own anti-freeze! Are you married?" (Yes...)

She said she was loosing coolant. Then she pulled out a quart of oil and said she needed oil, too, and that the oil was 'gunky', even though she had just had it changed at the dealership where she works. (Let's see if anyone can guess where she works...;)

She pulled the stick and it looked lumpy, but I was looking against the sun. She put it back and pulled it out again, and I said, Let me have a look.

Yup. Looked like a milkshake. There was also white foam around the hole for the dipstick. I said, "WHEN did they change your oil?" About 3 weeks ago.

Hmmm...take this and show George, but I think he's going to tell you you have a blown head gasket...and I'm surprised the tech didn't catch it when he changed the oil.

I remember seeing that a long time ago when I was a teeny or so...can't remember which car; if it was one of mine or a friend's. Didn't quite know what it was then...

Reply to
Hachiroku

One of the benefits of being an equal opportunity employer. The minimum wage high school drop out wouldn't have known what he was looking at anyway, but he'd feel good about it.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP