240 & 740 steering wheels

Does anyone know... Can you swap the steering wheel from a 240 to a

740?

You see, we have a 1978 244DL with a hard plastic steering wheel. We are thinking of buying a 1989 740. But I like the hard plastic wheel of the 240 much more than the soft one on the 740.

Has anyone done/seen this swap before?

Allan

Reply to
justallan

No, they aren't compatible. Does the 740 wheel have a wrap of some sort on it? The stock wheel in my '87 740 is pretty hard, I put a leather wheel glove on it which makes it feel much nicer to me.

Reply to
James Sweet