Source for a Useable 1990 740 Repair Manual?

1990 740 seems to be a semi black hole for the Haynes series of repair manuals. The soft covered ones stocked in AutoZone locally only cover through 1988. A local foreign parts jobber had a rather slim hard cover Haynes that covered through 1991, but it appears to be a British edition, and annoyingly, the schematics, if they are even relevant to US cars, stop at 1989!

Does Bentley have a 740 manual, and where is it obtainable? Their 240 version is a very good manual.

Is there a Chilton's with decent electrical schematics?

Volvo factory manual - is it outrageously overpriced?

Chris Bowne Stonington, CT

Reply to
Chris Bowne

If you are looking for electrical diagrams, you may want to consider the official Volvo documentation at:

http://www.volvotech>1990 740 seems to be a semi black hole for the Haynes series of repair

Reply to
jdunville

Bentley only do 240 series. Chilton has unclear electrical diagrams. The Haynes manual number 1258 is better than the AutoZone example. The Volvo factory manual comes in a large number of booklets around $50 each. The complete set works out at around $3,500!!. Try Brickboard I believe they have a set of manuals from which relevant parts can be downloaded.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

"Chris Bowne" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

If it´s only the circuit plans, I have a Haynes manual on CD, the files are PDF files. I had a look at them. One section is until 1988, the other is from 1989 until 1991. If you are interested, contact me by e-mail

Viktor

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.at

Reply to
viktor weisshaeupl

Would you happen to have a diagram of the passenger side door lock? Mine was damaged in an attempted break-in and I want to attempt to fix it. I would like to be able to get some idea of how complex it is before I start so I can assess whether I should leave it to the pros. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Sam Kekavitch