245 wiper problem

OK, first I replaced the windshield wiper control arm (used one) on the steering wheel, then the WW motor (new one), today the WW solenoid (new one). I even ran a heavier gauge ground wire to the WW motor.

Wipers work in high speed, sometimes in slow speed never in intermittent, and will only park when I time it correctly when I turn them off. Same as when I started this effort.

Whazzup?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jeff Townsend

You need to replace the relay. On our 1989, it was hidden under a black metal plate under the drivers side floor carpet.

Reply to
newsgroups.comcast.net

He said he already did, at least I'm assuming that's what he meant by solenoid.

I'd start by cleaning all the fuse ends and the fuse box contacts, that's always the first thing to do when tracking down electrical gremlins in a

240. Bad connections there are common and can cause all sorts of weird behavior.
Reply to
James Sweet

Glad you are bilingual James, that IS what I meant.

I will give the fuse box a going over.

Jeff

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to