90 240 Odometer Quit - Again

I just replaced the 25 tooth gear a month ago and it worked fine for a couple weeks then quit. It worked intermittently for a few days then quit altogether. I pulled the cluster and checked both gears and they are fine. Could the magneto that sits on the gears be bad?

Reply to
tlr1000

Magneto?

I would suspect cracked solder joints on the speedometer circuit board, that's the usual cause if the gear is ok, particularly when the problem starts out intermittant.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'll pull it again today and check it. Thanks

Reply to
tlr1000