740 brake hoses

I installed new pads and rotors in my 86 740. (Bendix calipers on front). I noticed the brake hoses should be changed. At my local NAPA store the counter guy warned me of the difficulty of removing the old (original) hoses, saying that I could destroy a fitting. Is this a valid warning? Are there any hints? I'm not intimidated nor inexperienced, but I do listen to advice.

Reply to
Jim Corey

Get a wrench made for the job, it looks like a box end with a slot cut in it so you can get it over the line. Also do be careful, but it's not terribly difficult.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi, Jim,

I put a response in to Perry Noid's June 14 query about frozen brake lines. It may be of some use to you if you have problems getting the fittings out.

Pete (fP)

Reply to
Peter Adler

As it turned out, one of my calipers was frozen, so the brake lines had to be removed. My fears were unfounded. Using the proper wrenches, the lines loosened with relative ease. New caliper and lines are on the way. Much relieved. I've had the car since new. Now has probably 400,000 miles (odometer quit at 325,000 some years ago.).

Reply to
Jim Corey