760 GLE ABS light on

Hi all, I have an 88 model 760GLE estate with the ABS light on since some cold weather, it's gone off a couple of times though. The brickboard info talks about a diagnostic unit [put the DLC probe into Unit A position 3, push button, etc] and seems to imply it's attached to the drivers side strut top, I have plenty of wires but no diagnostic plug with re-set buttons! My Haynes manual is no help! Am I missing the obvious or do I need a dealer or even where can I find some info on the diagnostic plug? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Bob Green, UK.

Reply to
R G Green

Are you sure you dont have the diagnostic unit! You can see what it looks like on this link:

But it will be covered with a plastic cap that can just be pulled of by hand.

"R G Green" skrev i en meddelelse news:c0t7ts$21b$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Per Hauge

You won't find the diagnostic plug anywhere on your car. It first appeared on models with LH 2.4 fuel injection system. This applies to B230F engines from '89 and B230FT engines from '90. The V6 engine in your car has LH 2.2, which precedes the LH 2.4 and doesn't have a diagnostic plug. _________________ Will '90 Volvo 744 GLT B230F converted to B230FB (531 Head & VX3 Cam)

Reply to
William Liao

'88 model probably does not have a diagnostic unit. Mine '88 760GLE with LH2.2 doesn't.

Reply to
Duong Nguyen

I would check connections first. It's quite common thing that ABS sensors can lost connections (corrosion). Just check wiring of each wheel (maybe some cleaning needed).

Good luck, JT

Reply to
JT

There is a way to retrieve the codes with a wire in the fusebox that makes the ABS light flash. However, it's been too long and I don't remember what it is. I'm sure with a little digging you can find the info somewhere on the internet.

Reply to
Mike F

Many thanks all, trust me to have the non helpful model! Looks like I had better start some random checking! Wheel sensors first I presume? or is there anything else more obvious? Regards, Bob Green.

Reply to
R G Green

"There is a way to retrieve the codes with a wire in the fusebox that makes the ABS light flash. However, it's been too long and I don't remember what it is. I'm sure with a little digging you can find the info somewhere on the internet".

---------------------------------------------- Thanks Mike I will start digging tomorrow! Regards, Bob Green.

Reply to
R G Green