fault codes 760 gle 1990

looking to access the fault codes (if their are any ) on my 1990 760 gle estate. According to the manual, on the inner wing there should be a diagnostic unit which gives a certain no of led blinks for a particular error. Cant see one on mine. Is their another way without having to take it a garage

Reply to
ian

The V6 never got the diagnostic unit, there are no codes therefore no way to read them.

Reply to
Mike F

I have an 88 760gle with the abs light on and would love to check any codes, but as you say we have no readout, however there is a trick of linking a wire across two points in the fuse box and the abs light will blink some codes out, I have seen this "somewhere" on the internet but cannot for the life of me find it again! Also no one else seems to know! Not even Mike F!! Regards, R G Green UK.

Reply to
R G Green

Have you checked the fuse fitted to the ABS relay (up under the right hand dash, hanging on a bracket, red fuse on a silver relay)? Also make sure that the sensors on front wheel hubs are not clogged with rust particles. The only other thing to check is if the speedo is working check the wiring to the ABS (paralleled off the speedo wiring at left A pillar big connector.

Cheers, Peter.

: >

: :

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Hi Peter, Thanks for the comments, it's all on the list of things to do this weekend! Will the wheel sensors show a fault even before the car moves? [It all first played up a couple of times in the last cold snap and then gave up completely]. Regards, Bob Green.

Reply to
R G Green

I would suspect the fuse and/or the relay first in the case you describe.

Cheers, Peter.

: > Cheers, Peter. : >

: > : >

: :