Grand Am help!!!

OK....I've got a 94 Grand Am that the turn signals and 4-ways are inoperative. The fuses for both are still good, so I'm guessing the flasher units have crapped out (the car sat for about a year). In consulting my good 'ol Haynes manual, I find that it doesn't pertain to my car in the least. In reading this newsgroup I see that the consensus is that the flasher is under the dash near the steering column.....nope! I have followed the wire bundle out of both switches and it only leads to a few large gang plugs with the exception of a large-ish control unit of some sort that's attached to the plastic kick-panel, and some sort of double-width relay with a wide, flat connector (part # 12065122). Am I missing something really obvious here? I'm no GM expert, but I'm not new to working on cars either. Is there a better manual than the Haynes piece of shit without stepping up to the $90 factory manual? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks. Chris

Reply to
veedub

On my 92, the turn sig flasher is to the right of the column and mounted on a dash brace. The 4 way flasher is part of the chime-beeper unit and is to the left of the column and mounted on a dash brace.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=