760 turbo 1989 has hood shutting problem and a grinding noise while accelarating from stop

2Problems:

  1. Volvo, 760 turbo 1989 has a grinding noise. Kind of sounds like a tire rubbing against a bent indented body against it. or meshing as if friction without oil noise, when accelarating from stop or very slow motion after it warms well. All fluids are full all oil is topped off

When faster motion is achieved the noise stops and the car runs well. The former owner said he has heard it for two years since he had bought it. Any Ideas what is going on?

  1. Another problem is the hood refuses to shut down, easily, and I need to keep pushing out with a screw driver, towards the springs the catch that holds the hood down on both sides. It is that part where the hood's 2 studs with springs burry and is secured with 3 boltes. When I push out the ring that holds the springs down shut, and I slam hard on the hood ( sometimes 2 or 3 times, ) It grabs and stays locked

I have shot DW 40 on it tried to pry it out on both sides with a screw driver but it does not seem much better, it is a little better than when it would bnot shut at all, but it needs a replacement at least on one side.

I am seeking to buy that part used, if anyone has it on a wrecked car. Or if you have a suggestion to fix that, which has worked for you.

Reply to
Dick