850 motor swap

I have a 97 850 n/a and a chance to buy a wrecked turbo. What all would be involved in making my car a turbo besides switching the motor and ecu?

Thanks AJ

97 Volvo 850 03 Subaru baja 93 impreza fishgetter 86 jetta diesel
Reply to
me

If its a manual boxed car, then nothing. :)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

So the gearbox, clutch, brakes, suspension, tyres etc are the same as the turbo?

Reply to
Me

Actually no, the gearbox ratios may be different from the NA, but the clutch, brakes are all the same. Turbo tyres will be W rated and 205/50-16's or 17's (for the UK)

Springs on the turbo are stiffer than some of the NA cars- depends which model and engine size you start with!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.