850, S70 Brake Pads, Motor mounts

My '96 850 that I purchased with 80K miles laste year is ready for some new brake pads. I'm capable of doing my own pad replacements.

What is your opinion on brake pad brands from dealership vs. other volvo aftermarket retailers such as IPD or Groton for good pads that have less dust and cost less, but do not compromise braking quality?

I don't think it matters, but my car does not have the anti-lock brake option.

2nd part: when I was younger, I could lift a volvo red engine to change motor mounts on 120, 1800, 240. But, damn it, now I'm older. What do you think of the aftermarket motor mount suppliers vs. dealer on the basis of quality/durability/cost, and has this become a professional only job needing special tools and lifts? My ride has developed that tell-tale harshness, indicating time for new mounts, and maybe more...

Thanks, Pat Q D/FW area (bring your jacks, I'll buy the beer...)

Reply to
Pat Quadlander

Hello

I just changed brakes on my s70 and I got brembo rotors and mintex pads I bought them before and I really liked them, these dont leave dust on my alloy wheels. you can find more info on brakes at

complete instructions

Thank you Przemek

Reply to
Tangero

Hello

I forgot to ad, I got brakes on ebay for 230 with shipping. The rear pads are original swedish pads so it is quality brakes.

thank you Przemek

Reply to
Tangero

I recently did the brakes on my 850 wagon, I had to replace a rotor caliper, and pads on the front side (same year as yours) I went with after market pads and within a week tore it all down and went back OEM. The pads were not cheap but not nearly as nice as the OEM. I will never get anything again except OEM again JUST MY 0.2

Rob

Reply to
Robert Christian

I have been using Mintex pads for the last 50K after my warranty expired on my S70 T5. They have served me well. They last longer, and they aren't as dusty. They aren't as soft as OEM, but that's OK with me.

Mike