'87 760 GLE, whats that little pump near the battery for?

Hi all,

I've got a 1987 Volvo 760 GLE. It has Auto Climate control, and I've noticed that when the climate control is on, you can hear this pump going in the engine bay located right near the battery. Its actually quite loud, sucking in air. There is an opening on the side to allow air to come in, is this supposed to be baffled?

It doensn't really bother me too much, but its kinda weird, I don't really know what it does and if it needs to be hosed to a baffle, I'd like to know where ;)

Thanks.

Reply to
Myron Samila

That's the pump that supplies vacuum to the climate control system. They are normally quiet when working properly.

Reply to
Mike F