’92 Volvo 240 sedan electrical mystery

The factory radio/cassette player was recently replaced with a new Pioneer unit. I now have an apparent grounding problem that is driving me crazy. My fuel gauge now always shows dead empty when I know I have a full tank. When I turn my headlight switch on, I have no instrument cluster lights except the turn signal/emergency signal indicators, which just stay on. The high beam indicator works, but only when the headlight hi-beams are actually OFF. The speedometer doesn?t work, the factory clock stops, the temp gauge is dead. However, in daytime driving, those 3 items work, though the fuel gauge stays dead all the time.

I?m not a D-I-Y?er, so a friend of mine who is experienced in installing aftermarket sound systems did it for me. He?s at a dead end at trying to troubleshoot this problem, even with my Bentley manual. ANY suggestions, advice, guidance, etc., are encouraged and welcome.

THANK YOU!

Reply to
Ricnvolved

You may want to check that the ground wire to the instrument panel has a good connection to chassis, including the wire itself and both end connectors. Best of luck!

Jack

Jack Swedberg